When you come to try your hand at Lawn Bowling, we do our best to help you get started.
Specific dates and times are scheduled at the start of the Season to help you learn the game at your own pace, and find a set of Bowls that suit you; we have a stock of bowls that you may borrow.
On these dates, and during practice sessions, you learn how to deliver a good bowl, how to play the game, and develop a sense of the bowling strategies that help you win.
New Bowler Training Program 2018
The New Bowler Training program is designed and conducted for those who have no previous lawn bowling experience.
Its purpose is to provide an understanding of the game of bowls and develop bowling skills that allow participation in all but the most competitive activities of the Club.
The program starts on May 14, the day after our Open House, and continues through to the end of June. Throughout the rest of the season new bowlers have many opportunities for personal practice, one-on-one coaching, and participating in many bowling events.
New Bowler Training start-up:
New bowler training commenced immediately after our Open House. Its purpose is to introduce potential new members to Lawn Bowling without a commitment to becoming a Club Member. The 2018 schedule was:
– May 14th, 16th, 18th @ 7:00 to 9:30 p.m.
– May 15th, 17th @ 1:00 to 3:30 p.m.
New Bowler Development continued:
This training schedule is primarily for new members; novices are welcome:
– Every Friday mornings and two Wednesday evenings starting May 25 to June 22.
Continuing support – Open Practice:
Open Practice sessions are open to all Club Members including new bowlers:
– Most Tuesday mornings starting May 29 to Aug 28.
* For a full schedule with notes on Open Practice please check the Event Calendars page. *
* Select Websites to Visit to find links to Videos on Lawn Bowling skills development. *
* For assistance with questions about New Bowler Training – contact the Club Training and Coaching personnel using the Contact Us page, or ask a Club Member for help. *